Nile River Festival – Jinja Weekend Trip
January 27 @ 8:00 am - January 29 @ 5:00 pm EAT
The Nile River Festival (NRF) is an epic four-day event that celebrates all that is awesome about the River Nile here in Uganda. Kayaking, rafting, mountain biking, stand-up paddleboarding, parties, big air ramps, and live music, all with the backdrop of some of the world’s biggest whitewater. This is a spectacle for anyone and a great time for all. Check out the festival schedule or visit the Kayak The Nile website, linked here for more information about the event!
Please note that MCU is not organizing any accommodation or transport at this time – please use the WhatApp or Facebook groups to organize shared rides and see where others are staying. For more questions concerning the logistics please contact +256 700 543192 (Lindsay!).
Follow this link to sign up for the Nile River Festival Weekend together with Kayak The Nile in Bugagali, Jinja: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hYsUwxqlfbEdatjKMs0lTgKEaFEZjcOx/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109780256311281994262&rtpof=true&sd=true
NRF 2023 SCHEDULE:
THURSDAY 26th JANUARY
- BUNGEE UGANDA PARTY – Fancy dress party to celebrate Liberation Day and the start of the Nile River Festival Celebrations.
FRIDAY 27th JANUARY
- MASS FLOAT – Fun for all, as Mass Float of Kayak, Paddleboard, Raft, Tube or…. Inflatable Pink Unicorn. Whatever your chosen Float, we will group together below the bungee to kick start the weekend’s activities by floating down 5km to Explorers River Camp, Bujagali.
- BIG AIR RAMP – A trademark event for the Nile River Festival, the Big Air Ramp competition returns, for this one spectators will amass along the bank of the Nile River to cheer on the competitors as they slide down the huge Big Air Ramp and fly through the air.
- NILE RIVER EXPLORERS PARTY – After the Big Air Ramp we will head up the stairs to the NRE bar and have a huge party with jelly wrestling, drinking and dancing !
SATURDAY 28th JANUARY
- KAYAK ENDURANCE RACE – Competitors line up in pairs below Bujagali Dam to race over 20km downstream, portaging Kalagala Falls and passing Adrift River Club and Overland Camp before finally crossing the finish line below Vengeance Rapid. Fastest pair wins !
- ARROW RAPID RACES – A brand new spectator and participant friendly event, the Arrow Rapid Races will pit competitors against each other in heated races. Race classes include: Kayak, Tandem Kayak, Extreme Rafting and River Bug (Advanced Tubing).
- ADRIFT OVERLAND CAMP PARTY – The Saturday night party is at the new Adrift Overland Camp Bar. This will be a night to remember !!
SUNDAY 29th JANUARY
- FREESTYLE KAYAKING EVENT – For the final event of the weekend, participants will head straight out from Adrift Overland Camp and paddle up to Bubugo Falls. Participants will take turns to strut their stuff on some of our favourite features on the Mighty River Nile, like: Real Deal Hole, Real Deal Wave, Superhole, Itanda Hole and Phoenix Wave.